As a college student you become really familiar with the on campus library. As an upperclassman I’ve actually found the library to become more like a second home to me. I’m very thankful for our Ross Pendergraft Library and the grant that Arkansas Tech received to make the library a great resource for all Tech students. The college campus library provides free, easy, and discoverable resources for all students. Being able to live on campus and have the library within walking distance has helped improve my studies and my work ethic. I have a clear and quiet place to think and keep away from distractions so that I can focus on my work.
It’s finally that time of the year for the students that aren’t apart of Tech Athletics but are still passionate about sports can sign up for intramural sports. Intramural football has taken off and begun. Not only has it been intense but it’s been a challenge for some team who just thought it was going to be easy. Every year it is always interesting to see the different athletic abilities and talent when the teams come together to play out on the fields. The exciting fact is that the team that wins the championship gets to continue on the intramural football journey to play other college schools intramural football teams for the final championship.
My favorite thing about the weather is the clouds. Clouds can tell you lots of things about the weather as well as create an image with the weather if you have a creative mind. Clouds create images in sky that sometimes not everyone necessarily sees and sometimes people see different things. The weather can be determined through the type and color of the cloud as well, like when a storm is about to occur. One of the coolest things I think is when you look up at the sky and see the clouds and they almost look fake or like they belong in a movie scene.
Ever since Arkansas Tech has brought Jerry the bulldog back as our student ambassador, the fans have been overjoyed. Jerry has brought fun and a little bit of cuteness back to Arkansas Tech. Everyone now knows that he is our sweet and smiling face that attends all of our athletic events and several campus events. Both parents, students, and children look forward to seeing Jerry at the Arkansas Tech events and making sure to get their picture taken with Russellville’s favorite bulldog. We introduced Jerry back to Arkansas Tech about a year ago and not only has he grown every day since but we’ve loved him more and more every day since.
Topic 1: Arkansas Tech Traffic/Parking
- The lack of parking available around Tech campus. P – video, S – photography
- The color parking locations need to be expanded on better unified. P – writing, S – photography
- College town in a small town. P – audio, S – writing
- 8am classes and 8am jobs creates large incoming traffic. P – writing, S – audio
- There are only 4 ways into campus causing a back up of traffic during class times and lunch hours. P – video, S – audio
- Tech is a very large commuter campus. P – writing, S – photography
- Parking is mainly outside of campus buildings, making it difficult for majors with buildings that are in the center of campus. P – writing, S – audio
- Due to far out parking this can create difficulty during bad weather. P – photography, S – writing
- Due to the population growth of campus, there is more need for parking spaces. P – audio, S – photography
- Parking hang tags now being purchased online. P – writing, S – audio
- Tech needs to expand or add more parking lots. P – video, S – photography
- Trains that run across the town cause back up and inconvenience. P – writing, S – video
- Students that want to workout at Tech Fit can’t park in the parking lot from 8am-5pm due to being at risk of parking tickets. P – writing, S – audio
- Football games bring in lots of locals and students but there are only 4 parking lots available unless you want to walk across campus. P – video, S – photography
- Students step out in front of cars to walk across campus in which the students have the right away but this causes another back up in the flow of traffic on campus. P – video, S – writing
Topic 2: On Campus Jobs for Tech Students
- Admissions Office: tour guide. P – video, S – photography
- Student Services: desk worker. P – writing, S – photography
- Career Services: desk worker. P – writing, S – photography
- Library assistant. P – photography, S – audio
- Library: circulation desk. P – writing, S – photography
- Norman: art lab worker. P – video, S – audio
- Residence Life: desk worker in a residence hall. P – writing, S – audio
- Residence Life: resident assistant. P – writing, S – photography
- Residence Life: resident director. P – video, S – writing
- Baztech: cashier. P – photography, S – writing
- Baztech: food server/preparer. P – writing, S – photography
- Baztech: closer. P – photography, S – audio
- Cafe: food server. P – writing, S – photography
- Cafe: dishwasher. P – photography, S – audio
- Cafe: cook. P – writing, S – photograpy
Topic 3: Campus Organizations and Clubs
- Student Activities Board: fun events and things for the students to enjoy while living and being on campus. P – video, S – audio
- Student Government Association: seeing out new and different policies on behalf of the students and staff recommendations. P – writing, S – photography
- Intramural Sports: all types of recreational sports offered for students who are not part of the official Tech athletics. P – video, S – photography
- Fishing Club: the fishing club and team competes and has fun fishing locally here at Lake Dardanelle. P – photography, S – audio
- Quidditch Team: Harry Potter fans who are interested in being apart of the Tech Quidditch Team play Quidditch with other teams at other universities. P – writing, S – video
- Greek Life: sorority and fraternity life on campus, being a part of a brotherhood or sisterhood. P – photography, S – writing
- Tech Sweethearts: the girls that support the football team and promote the games and players. P – writing, S – photography
- Tech Diamond Dolls: the girls that support the baseball team and promote the games and players. P – writing, S – photography
- Campus Ministries: BCM, CCSC, Wesley Foundation, Elevation, and many more are available for students who want to connect with other students in their faith. P – writing, S – audio
- Student Alumni Association: communicates with the Tech Alumni about funds and keeping up with new campus involvements. P – video, S – photography
- Tech Athletics: football, baseball, basketball, softball, volleyball, cross country. P – writing, S – video
- African American Student Association: with the diversity on campus the African American students come together to improve diversity and issues on campus. P – writing, S – photography
- Enactus: Business organization designed to help with networking and community service with business relations. P – photography, S – audio
- GOLD Cabinet: designs and coordinates the On Track program. P – video, S – photography
- HPEWS Club: health and wellness and physical education club for students that are interested in the field or are already in that specific major. P – photograph, S – writing
Story on Frozen Phenomena
From all the youtube videos of children who have blasted the song Let It Go and the reaction that has shot off from the film Frozen
Reasonings why children love the movie Frozen and the family hit phenomena it has become
Choosing a college is a big decision. It’s not an easy one but it’s a decision we all have to make. I had never heard of Arkansas Tech and once my mom told me to take a tour here I told her no because it was a “TECHnology” school. I had no idea that one day I’d call this campus home. Coming to tour Tech was the best decision I ever made. I love that it’s not too big and not too small. The best part is when you are walking on campus you’ll see people you know but then you have the opportunity to meet new people as well. I’m thankful my mom made me come and tour the campus because not only is it home, but it’s a beautiful campus and it caught my attention from the start.
On Thursday, September 4, 2014, the Arkansas Tech Wonder Boys kicked off their home opener at Thone Stadium against Northwestern Oklahoma. This was a great football season opener for the Wonder Boys. It was exciting for the Arkansas Tech students to experience a Wonder Boy win for the first game of the season. The final score was 33-14 Arkansas Tech. The fans, students, and families of Russellville all came out to support and cheer on the Wonder Boys to victory.
One of the many perks of living in Russellville is having Lake Dardanelle so close. There are so many opportunities for fun things to do at the lake. If it’s a nice day you can go out on the lake, go swimming, grill, play at the park, play sand volleyball, fish, or just enjoy the view. I enjoy the lake as my get away. Sometimes I just need to relax after a stressful day or just clear my head. Lake Dardanelle is one of my favorite places to go to just have time to myself. When I’m out there, I will take in the view, listen to the lake splashing against the rocks, read a good book, journal, or even just listen to music.
For some reason I feel like everyone always tends to take notice to the sky when it’s about to storm, when it’s storming, and after it storms. Storms can be the scariest yet most relaxing at times. I have always kind of questioned why the sky is so beautiful before and after a storm when storms are some of the worst natural disasters. It doesn’t make much sense to me but I personally can’t help but be drawn to how beautiful the sky is during these times. How the sky looks is almost a moment that you can’t capture well enough in a picture because in person it is breathtaking.